Six Reasons to Hire A Divorce Lawyer

6 Reasons to Hire A Lawyer
To Help You with a Divorce

You have been served with Divorce papers, your head is spinning and you are saying to yourself, “I am reasonably intelligent. I have a college degree. “Do I really need a lawyer?

There is no legal requirement that you hire a lawyer to get divorced. You can get a divorce even if neither of the parties hires a lawyer. A divorce is a complicated matter with lots of moving parts. Here are five good reasons to hire a lawyer to help you with your divorce.

1.     An attorney can explain the divorce process, and help you gather all of the information you will need to made decisions.

2.     Regardless of how long you have been married, you have acquired “things,” . . . a house, a car, debts. A lawyer can help you figure out the best way to transfer assets.

3.     A divorce usually does not end on the day the final judgment is entered. A divorce attorney will follow-up to make sure that you actually receive what you bargain for.

4.     You have children who will still want to love your spouse after the divorce, a divorce lawyer can help you create a plan to encourage and support the children’s bond with the other spouse and at the same time keep them safe.

5.     You will need to support your children even after the divorce, a divorce lawyer can help you figure out the correct amount of child support.

6.     For the most part, the final judgement is really final. If you do-it-yourself, and you miss something, you will likely not be able to return to court to get it later.

Cassandra T. Savoy, Esq. has practiced divorce law in the Montclair area for twenty-five years. She is fully knowledgeable about the law in this area and the benefit to you is that she can help you get all you are entitled to have. She compassionate and caring and understands the emotions you are experiencing during this period. The benefit to you is that she will coach you through this process and relieve you of the burden of directing your law suit.

Cassandra T. Savoy, 622 Bloomfield Avenue, Suite 100, Bloomfield, New Jersey 07003-2521
Voice (973) 748-0097 E-mail: csavoy@cassandrasavoy.com

Comments

1. says

I was on the fence on whether or not I should hire a divorce lawyer or not. But after reading this article I came yo the conclusion that, thats the best possible choice.

2. says

I am glad to learn that a divorce lawyer can help you figure out the correct amount of child support. It is true that you will need to support your children even after the divorce. I also think that it would be a good idea to speak with past clients of possible attorneys to ensure that these people were satisfied with provided work.

3. says

A friend of mine has been having a lot of problems with his wife lately, and they were curious about how a divorce attorney could help them out. It’s interesting that you say that they can help find the best way to transfer assets. It would be nice to know that everything is going to be dealt with fairly.

4. says

We are in a bit of a situation since my husband and I are wanting to get a divorce at the beginning of the summer. I was impressed to know that a lawyer can help you figure out the best way to transfer assets. Additionally, we will be sure to get expert help so this can go smoothly!

5. says

I am currently going through the process of divorce, and I think a divorce lawyer would really be able to help me on my case. As you said, they can help create that plan to involve my children in my spouse’s life while keeping them safe. For me, the most important thing is making sure the process goes over as smoothly as possible, and an attorney will definitely help with that.

6. says

Thank you for the tremendous read. You wrote that a divorce lawyer can help you figure out how to best transfer assets. A friend of mine is getting divorced and was worried about this very topic. He has some furniture that he would love to keep, and isn’t sure where he stands legally though. I’ll have to relay the information you mentioned, as I think that could really help him.

7. says

This article raises some good points about why hiring a divorce lawyer is in your best interest. I think it would be a huge advantage to have a lawyer who can help coach you through all the paperwork associated with divorce. My friend is in the process of going through a divorce and he seems to be drowning in paperwork. Is it too late for him to consult with a divorce lawyer?

8. says

My cousin has recently gone through a divorce. That made me think of how complicated thing must get when spouses separate. I never realized that a divorce lawyer can actually help the couple prevent breaking bonds between themselves and their children by creating a plan for supporting them. That’s something new that I’ll remember if I’m ever in that situation.

9. says

A “do it yourself” divorce is one of the worst things you can do. It is not a question of how intelligent a person is, but how much they are going to have to learn and the consequences of missing something, of which there is a very high possibility. As it is, divorce is a highly stressful process for everyone involved and the last thing you want, like you mentioned, is to have missed something after the final judgement, only to realize it later, if at all. I also think there is a myth that getting a lawyer makes the situation more “hostile”, while the opposite is true. Most divorce lawyers WANT the process to be as smooth as possible and the terms to be as clear as possible, so there is no miscommunication that can lead of conflicts later on.

10. says

That’s a great point you bring up about how a divorce lawyer will help me figure out the correct amount of child support to be able to provide for my children even after divorce. I’ve heard that some attorneys will walk you through, step-by-step, over all the papers so that calculated and accurate numbers can be decided upon. I’ll have to share this info with my friend who may be in need of a divorce lawyer soon!

11. says

The first reason given here for hiring a divorce attorney is one of the main reasons I, personally, would choose to find one. It can be so hard to gather the right information to help in a divorce, but a professional attorney could do it for you and make sure that all of the information gathered is relevant and strong. My daughter is actually filing for divorce — I’ll have to help her find a good attorney so that she knows what her rights and options are.

12. says

I actually did not realize that you could get divorced without hiring a divorce attorney. It seems like you would want one. It is nice that they can explain the divorce process and help you gather all of the information you will need to make decisions.

13. says

It appears that my marriage is rapidly heading towards a divorce. While I think it will be for the best, I have no idea how to navigate the system. I like that an attorney can explain the divorce process and help to make sure everything is taken care of in the best possible way.

• Katie Gulukyan says

We would love to speak with you about your options. Please contact our offices to schedule a consultation.

14. says

Going through a divorce is not something that you imagine when you first get married to someone you love. That’s probably what makes it such a difficult and emotional process. I like how you point out that a divorce usually does not end on the day the final judgment is entered. If you have a divorce lawyer, they will be with you every step of the way from beginning to end to make sure you know what’s going on and are taken care of.

15. says

I’m going through a divorce right now and my biggest concern is my kids. That’s why I like how you mention that you have children who still want and need to love your spouse after the divorce. Having a divorce lawyer can help me make the situation amicable and keep us civil so the kids don’t suffer from any fallout.

16. says

It would be nice to have a lawyer to make sure everything goes smoother during the divorce. That way you can also make sure that you will be able to see your children after the divorce. If you don’t hire a lawyer, it might be hard for you to plead your case so you can see your children. Hiring the lawyer probably your best bet!

17. says

Thank you for sharing. It would be nice to know how I am going to take care of my children after the divorce. My wife is the main support for our family, and I am getting full custody. I’ll have to find a good lawyer to help me out with child support.

18. says

My cousin has been having problems with his marriage and is planning on having a divorce. It was cool to learn that a divorce lawyer can help to explain the divorce process and gather information needed to make important decisions. I hope that sharing this article with my cousin will help her during this hard time.

19. says

My friend and his wife have decided that they want a divorce but don’t really know how to start the process. You mentioned that regardless of how long you have been married, you have acquired “things” and a lawyer can help you figure out the best way to transfer assets. Do most couples hired the same lawyer or are there multiple lawyers involved in the process? It appears that hiring an attorney could be a good place to start.

20. says

If you are thinking about a divorce, it is probably a good idea to hire a lawyer right away. That way, you can get a head start. It would be awful not to be ready, and not have the outcome you want. Getting all the information possible, as soon as possible, seems like a good idea!