You have been served with Divorce papers, your head is spinning, and you are saying to yourself, “I am reasonably intelligent. Do I really need a lawyer?”
There is no legal requirement to hire a lawyer to get divorced. You can get a divorce even if neither of the parties hires a lawyer. However, a divorce is a complicated matter with lots of moving parts. Here are six good reasons to hire a lawyer to help you with your divorce.
- An attorney can explain the divorce process, and help you gather all of the information you will need to made decisions.
- Regardless of how long you have been married, you have acquired things . . . a house, a car, debts. A lawyer can help you figure out the best way to divide and transfer assets.
- A divorce usually does not end on the day the final judgment is entered. A divorce attorney will follow-up to make sure that you actually receive what you bargained for.
- If you have children who will still want to love your spouse after the divorce, a divorce lawyer can help you create a plan to encourage and support the children’s bond with the other spouse while keeping them safe.
- You will need to support your children even after the divorce, a divorce lawyer can help you figure out the correct amount of child support.
- For the most part, the final judgement is really final. If you do-it-yourself, and you miss something, you will likely not be able to return to court to get it later.
Cassandra T. Savoy, Esq. has practiced divorce law in the Montclair area for twenty-five years. She is fully knowledgeable about the law in this area and the benefit to you is that she can help you get all you are entitled to have. She compassionate and caring and understands the emotions you are experiencing during this period. The benefit to you is that she will coach you through this process and relieve you of the burden of directing your law suit.
Cassandra T. Savoy, 2 Broad Street, Suite 607, Bloomfield, New Jersey 07003
Voice (973) 869-5444 Facsimile (973) 954-5544 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org